The Management Committee have asked Vice-Chairman and local historian, Steve Williams, to investigate erecting a war memorial at the entrance to the site on Water Street.
His research has shown that the memorial in Brindle Parish Church (St. James’) was not the village war memorial, as first thought.
Back in 1919, the idea for the Parish Institute on the current site came from men who fought in the trenches during the First World War. They wanted a place to meet and in memory of the men who did not return.
HALL CLOSUREIn light of the current public health crises regarding...